PLANTING THE VINE!
Launching a registry is done in 3 stages:
ICANN annual tax: 17 700 € ($25 000) for 50 000 domain names. Above : 0,15 € ($ 0,2) per transaction/domain name.
- Technical and organization of the project. It includes:
- The study of the project;
- The Business Plan;
- The technical infrastructure and operating of the project;
- Writing and submission of the application until it is validated by ICANN.
- Submission of the project to ICANN: 131 000 € ($185 000).
- Technical launching of the registry during the first year:
The cost include:
- Conduct of the « Sunrise periods » at the launching of the project;
- Conduct of the bidding;
- Technical costs;
- Selling domain names through the network of accredited Registrars.
COLLECT THE GRAPES!
Each domain name sold to the registrars will cost between 5 up to 20 € / year
There are about 1000 accredited Registrars worldwide.